Thursday, May 04, 2006

Palo Alto Spring Garden Tour






I had a wonderful time the other Saturday on a garden tour in Palo Alto, hosted by the Elizabeth Gamble Garden in Palo Alto. It was a chance to tour five houses in Palo Alto that have immaculate gardens and often the houses to match. It is generally around Old Palo Alto, so the neighborhood is perfect for a stroll and enjoyment of the spring flowers.

Outside of immersing myself in the gardens, holding hands with my wife and just enjoying the day, I was shooting constantly with my new Canon 30D digital camera.

This rose is one sample of some of the shots I took, but I have quite a few more on my Flickr site.

I've been using the Canon 30D for about three weeks now, and I have to say I love it. As a slide film shooter for 20 years +, there is no going back to film for me now. The lens I have is my old Canon 28-105mm USM, and it just isn't working all that well. I've ordered a few more lenses, so I will have a chance to talk about them later. After much anxiety, I have decided to go with the Canon 10-22mm, the Canon 50mm 1.4 and the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8. I'll decide on a zoom later.

No comments: